“Andy is the life of the party wherever he goes, and what bigger party is there than New Year’s Eve?” Cooper stated in a press release. “It’s going to be a blast!”
CNN fired Griffin from her hosting duties in May after she released a photo of herself holding a prop that was meant to represent President Donald Trump‘s head. The termination came less then 24 hours after she shared the photo on social media and caused uproar.
CNN has terminated our agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on our New Year’s Eve program.
— CNN Communications (@CNNPR) May 31, 2017
At a press conference following the controversy, Griffin referred to the termination as “hurtful.” And although she apologized for the photo shortly after releasing it—saying she went “way too far”—she has since said that she’s “no longer sorry.”
After the termination, Cooper said he was “appalled” by the comedian’s viral photo.
“For the record, I am appalled by the photo shoot Kathy Griffin took part in,” he stated at the time. “It is clearly disgusting and completely inappropriate.”
But during an appearance on Cohen’s late-night talk show Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen, Cooper confirmed that he and Griffin are “still friends” and that he wished her the best.
Besides being co-hosts, Cohen and Cooper have been pals for a while.
“I’ve been friends with Anderson for 25 years,” Cohen stated in the release. “We’ve travelled the world together and performed in 30 plus cities with AC2 and it’s all led to this one huge night!”
AC2 is the duo’s live discussion tour in which they have “deep talk” and share “shallow tales.”
Cohen also shared the news on social media.
This will be the 11th year CNN hosts it’s New Year’s Eve show.
We can’t wait to see Cohen and Cooper ring in 2018 on New Year’s Eve Live with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen.
Published at Wed, 11 Oct 2017 19:29:06 +0000
In case you missed it, the actress took to Instagram Tuesday night to share two stories (that have since been deleted) in which she admitted to “feeling bad” for Weinstein. Lohan also scolded his estranged wife, Georgina Chapman—who has separated from Weinstein following the mass amounts of sexual misconduct allegations that have come out about him—for not “being there for him.”
She continued, “He’s never harmed me or did anything to me—we’ve done several movies together. I think everyone needs to stop—I think it’s wrong. So stand up.”
However, Lohan has since clarified her statements and, instead, encouraged Weinstein accusers to take their allegations to authorities rather than the media.
“I am saddened to hear about the allegations against my former colleague Harvey Weinstein,” Lohan told the Daily Mail. “As someone who has lived their life in the public eye, I feel that allegations should always be made to the authorities and not played out in the media.”
She continued, “I encourage all women who believe Harvey harmed them to report their experiences to the relevant authorities.”
Meanwhile, actresses like Ashley Judd and Rose McGowan first came forward in a New York Times piece last week with allegations that they had been sexually harassed by Weinstein. Following their statements, many more women—including Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and Cara Delevingne—have stepped up with their own claims against the producer. Three women even claimed to have been raped by him.
His rep released a statement in response to all the allegations, saying: “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein. Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances. Mr. Weinstein obviously can’t speak to anonymous allegations, but with respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr. Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual. Mr. Weinstein has begun counseling, has listened to the community and is pursuing a better path. Mr. Weinstein is hoping that, if he makes enough progress, he will be given a second chance.”
Published at Wed, 11 Oct 2017 19:22:19 +0000