ENTERTAINMENT

Kobe Bryant’s assets to receive $ 400 million after BodyArmor announces $ 5.6 billion sale to Coca-Cola


Kobe Bryant has left a legacy as an amazing basketball player, loving father, devoted husband and a great businessman, and it looks like his initial investments are paying off in a big way for his family, even in his absence.

The Wall Street Journal reports that Kobe’s family will receive more than 400 million after Coca-Cola announced the acquisition of Bodyarm in a 5.6 billion deal on Monday. Kobe was the third largest shareholder in BodyArmer when he invested 6 million in the company in 2013, just two years after its founding.

Coca-Cola bought a 15% stake in BodyArmor in 2018 to become the company’s second-largest shareholder and recently announced plans to buy the remaining 85% of its largest acquisition. The drinking giant previously bought Costa Coffee in 2018 for 1 5.1 billion.

Shortly after Kobe’s tragic death, his wife, Vanessa Bryant, acquired a stake in BodyArmor, valued at $ 200 million in 2020.

Mike Repol, Kobe’s business partner, previously spoke about his impact on the company and the damage that everyone will feel after his departure.

“I lost a brother with Kobe and a founding father of BodyArmor,” Repol said. “Kobe Bryant’s fingerprints are on all body armor brands If Kobe hadn’t believed in 2012 and 2013, the brand wouldn’t be in that position. For me, it’s always been a journey, the last seven or eight years, with Kobe, and now I feel like a journey for Kobe. “

In addition to Kobe Bryant’s investment in body armor, Kobe had a variety of investments and business interests. His numerous approval deals, media projects and the establishment of his venture capital firm all contributed to his becoming one of the seven athletes worth $ 1 billion or more.

Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us at 917-722-8057 or https://my.community.com/theshaderoom





Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button