The case of Nicki Minaj and Kenneth Petty’s harassment and intimidation of witnesses has taken a pretty crazy turn.
Jennifer Howe, who was convicted of sexual harassment in 1995, has filed a lawsuit against Nicky and Kenneth for trying to re-assert her 25-year-old rape allegations. Jennifer’s lawyer recently requested a 20 million default verdict in a case of intimidation of her witness against the couple after she failed to respond to her lawsuit.
Jennifer’s lawyer, Tyrone Blackburn, told the media that she had received an email from Attorney Jude Birstin on behalf of Minaj on Thursday night asking him to withdraw the appeal and extend the time to respond.
Nicki Minaj’s husband Victim – Jennifer Huff – speaks
But Jennifer’s lawyer is not withdrawing her default verdict writ petition, a judge’s expectation that Nikki should be given a full verdict immediately.
“I didn’t say that!” Blackburn told The Daily Beast in an email. “I told her to prepare to oppose her request for my default verdict and explain to the court why her client and her husband believe they are both above the law.”
Nikki’s husband, Kenneth, was convicted of attempted first-degree rape in 1995 and denied the allegations at the time.
Jennifer appeared on The Real’s first television show last month, where she and her attorney Tyrone Blackburn discussed her original rape case and its consequences and new allegations. She described in tears how she spent years blaming herself for the attack – “hiding in myself, surviving and living through insecurity, using them to protect myself. Think if I don’t see a certain way.” “I will not draw any particular attention. I have been like this all my life.”